Csulb Game Development Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a group of innovators striving to bring together an interdisciplinary group of people in the pursuit of really. Awesome. Games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meet me! Nathan!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nathan Moore
Admin
Nathan Moore

Meet me! Nathan! Empty
PostSubject: Meet me! Nathan!   Meet me! Nathan! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Hey guys!

So you've all met me, but lemme tell you a bit about myself! I'm big on all kinds of games, not just video games, but card games, and tabletop games as well. I've been wanting to get into the game industry since 2005 since I first played oblivion. I was utterly blown away by the immersiveness of the environment and ever since then I've been hugely interested in the way that the environment can tell stories about games.

That interest also comes from my background as the son of not one, but two anthropologists, so the study of how our surroundings tell stories about the people who occupy them is something that I've been learning through, essentially, osmosis.

It is for these reasons that my ultimate career goal is to be an environment designer for games. And more recently, I've been studying the way that formal composition can be used to affect the way that players move through the map.

Anyway! My favorite games are the following!

1) Minecraft
2) Baulder's Gate
3) Oblivion
4) Mirror's Edge

So... I'm into exploration games (as you can tell if you know these titles) although Mirror's edge isn't an exploration game quite... it tries to be.

Back to top Go down
https://csulbgamedev.forumotion.com

Meet me! Nathan!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Csulb Game Development Club :: VGDA small group project!! :: The People place!-
Jump to: