Csulb Game Development Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a group of innovators striving to bring together an interdisciplinary group of people in the pursuit of really. Awesome. Games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WIP tree concept art

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nathan Moore
Admin
Nathan Moore

WIP tree concept art Empty
PostSubject: WIP tree concept art   WIP tree concept art Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 11:02 am

WIP tree concept art <a href=WIP tree concept art TPhoto_00003_zpse1eebd81" />

So this is a very quick and rough idea of how the same tree would look as the monster gets closer and closer to wakefulness. The idea is to convey 2 things 1) that the influence causing these changes is evil and means to do harm, and 2) that normal bounds of logic do not apply to this creature.

I tried to accomplish the first goal by... well... making it look like the tree wants to eat you... also in my experience, if you start putting weird growths on things, people have a very negative reaction, hence the boil like things that start appearing on the tree.

The second goal I tried to meet by taking the subject out of it's normal state of being. So in this case, taking the tree and making it more animal like. That's not normal, that's not logical, that's cthullu
Back to top Go down
https://csulbgamedev.forumotion.com
Aaron Gutierrez

PostSubject: Re: WIP tree concept art   WIP tree concept art Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 8:34 pm

Could you try something as a parallel to #3? I like the idea that the changes are evil and unnatural, but how about a different perspective: the land itself is suffering rather than turning against you?

I think a mixture of those two things in the world will make the player go "OH FUCK THIS TREE WANTS TO EAT ME I NEED TO FIX THE WORLD" and "Aww this plant looks like its suffering, I need to find a solution to this plague/insanity/thing:
Back to top Go down
Nathan Moore
Admin
Nathan Moore

PostSubject: Re: WIP tree concept art   WIP tree concept art Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 1:32 am

I don't hate your idea, but one thing that we really seem to be trying to drive home is the idea that this entity, by mere contact, makes things evil. I'll try a few drawings with your idea though, but I'm not the best illustrator so who knows
Back to top Go down
https://csulbgamedev.forumotion.com
Francis Basco

Francis Basco

PostSubject: Re: WIP tree concept art   WIP tree concept art Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:44 pm

Here's my idea.

WIP tree concept art J6cN7OPURrBsG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIP tree concept art   WIP tree concept art Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIP tree concept art
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Csulb Game Development Club :: VGDA small group project!! :: Art-
Jump to: