Csulb Game Development Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a group of innovators striving to bring together an interdisciplinary group of people in the pursuit of really. Awesome. Games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Landmark goal week 1!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nathan Moore
Admin
Nathan Moore

Landmark goal week 1!  Empty
PostSubject: Landmark goal week 1!    Landmark goal week 1!  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:29 pm

Alright guys! So we talked about a lot of very exciting things today, and I am super pumped to get these things done. But talk is cheap! And so it's time to start setting goals! To that end, we are looking at having the following things done by Monday the 21st of april. This will give us plenty of time to get a product that we can start being really proud of, as well as giving us at least one time to meet face to face in order to help eachother

We want a playable demo! Which will include and require the following:

1) playability in unity! which will require
      * charcter controller
      * terrain

2) being able to jump! which will require
      * a slightly more advanced character controller

3) Push something out of the way (in one direction)! which will require
      * key framing animation
      * some kind of triggered programming magic (programming in the ability to go up to an object, press a button, and have the game know that you want to interact with the object in the correct way)
      * something to push out of the way (duh)

4) find artifact and use it
      * a state based modification to the character controller
      * the actual artifact (although this can be a placeholder)

5) Have basic story elements figured out, as well as character background, and lore

Artists! Since there isn't a whole lot for us to do for the first landmark goal (we already have a piece of sample terrain and some assets) We'll be working on the things that we are going to need for the future!

By this upcoming tuesday, I'd like the following things to be done:

* some character concepts
* some concept art for artifacts and landscapes

I want just a ton of this. The clearer our starting point and direction, the easier it will be for us to proceed in the coming months

So! That's the goal people! It should be dooable, but if anyone has any questions, that's what these forums are for, let the group know so that we can help you out.

Last edited by Nathan Moore on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://csulbgamedev.forumotion.com
Aaron Gutierrez

PostSubject: Re: Landmark goal week 1!    Landmark goal week 1!  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:02 am

Just two quick things.

1) We probably don't need animation of any sort for now as far as moving the object. It won't look as good, but its not necessary to make it work.

2) Almost definitely won't be using states depending on how we handle the artifacts. Being able to have different combinations of artifacts = too many states.

I'll try to get as much done as I can, but I have a project due Thursday, and I'll be at LA Hacks all weekend. Sunday is really the only day I can devote to coding some of this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Moore
Admin
Nathan Moore

PostSubject: Re: Landmark goal week 1!    Landmark goal week 1!  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 12:54 pm

alrighty! Well we should figure out who's gonna do what, and the programmers should figure out how they're gonna share things, We should all friend eachother on facebook also!

Back to top Go down
https://csulbgamedev.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Landmark goal week 1!    Landmark goal week 1!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Landmark goal week 1!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Csulb Game Development Club :: VGDA small group project!! :: The People place!-
Jump to: